Cosmetology: Standard Occupational Classification (SOC 39-5012.00)
Classification of Instructional Program (CIP 12.0401)
Can you see yourself as a hair stylist, colorist, salon owner, product representative, platform artist, spa service provider or just a local trend setter, then this is the course for you! This course is 1500 hours in length and will help you jump start your career on a proven path of success. Capilo Institute has partnered with some of the biggest names in the industry such as Paul Mitchell, OPI, Dermalogica and Pivot Point. Capilo Institute is an American Crew Partner School. Capilo Institute also uses the custom tailored Nuts & Bolts program to teach our students the business side of the industry. Our curriculum includes extensive instruction and practical experience in hair cutting, hair coloring, perming, skin care, make-up, customer service, personal motivation & development, retail skills, building a clientele, business, manicuring, pedicuring, artificial nails, hair extensions, sanitation and state laws and rules.
New in 2014: Our cosmetology kit includes a tablet to assist students to use our online educational tools and to build their portfolio.
Pivot Point Essential Kit:
1 Color Smock, 1 Box Roller Clips, Shampoo Cape, 1 Basic Manicuring Kit, Cuticle Scissor, 1 Metal Cuticle Pusher ,1 Nail Brush, 1 Hair Shaper (Razor), 12 Styling Combs, Vent Brushes, Comb Out Brushes, Duckbills Clips,1 Box Pin Curl Clips, Hair Styling Brushes, Rat Tail Combs, Mirror, Timer, Color Bowl, Color Brush, Applicator Bottle, Wire Tail Comb, Water Spray Bottle , 12 Large Butterfly Clips and 1 Carrying Case.
The Basics Kit:
Kit includes 3 Lady Manikins (hair 20-24" long) 1 Man Manikin, Professional Blow Dryer, Professional ¾ Marcel Iron, Scissor kit with Razor, Thinning Shears, Manikin Shears, Professional 5.5 Shears, Dry Sanitizer, Deluxe Manikin Clamp, 12 Magnetic Dozen Rollers, 4 Dozen Blue Perm Rods, 4 Dozen Pink Perm Rods, 4 Dozen Gray Perm Rods 4 Dozen White Perm Rods, 3 Dozen Lilac Perm Rods, Box of End Papers, Box of Double Prong Clips, Makeup Portfolio Kit, Diffuser, Practice Hand, Heat Resistant Iron Bag, Flat Iron, Duffle Bag, and Lockable Rollerbout with 6 Removable Trays
OPI On the Go Kit:
Antiseptic Handwash Gel, Nail Antiseptic Spray, Manicure Finger Bowl, Nail Wipes, Polish Remover, Acrylic Bonding Agent, Linear Tips, Dimension Tips, Nail Adhesive, Warm Pink, Opaque White, Odor & Dust Free Liquid Monomer ,Odor & Dust Free Polymer Powder, Glass Eyedropper, Reusable Nail Forms, Cut-Away Disposable Nail Forms, Round Sable Brush, Brush Cleaner, Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil, Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment, Moisture Replenishing Lotion Base Coat, Top Coat & Nail Strengthener, Cuticle Stick, Cushioned File, Diamond Coated File, Luster Buff Board , White Board File, White Cloth File, Surface File, White Buffing Block, The Fluffy, Finger Nail Clippers , Toe Nail Clippers, Cuticle Nipper, OPI Red Polish, OPI Grand Canyon Sunset Polish, Spray Nail Polish Dryer, Table Towels, Nail Brush, Foot File, Wooden Dowels,
American Crew Kit:
Kit includes Crewmaster Special Oster Clippers, 2 Oster Detachable Blades, American Crew Feather Razor, Barbering Combs, 6.5 American Crew Barber Shears, American Crew Styling Cape, Student Workbook, Leather Bag, and American Crew Styling Products
- Pivot Point Salon Cosmetology Fundamentals Textbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5930-2
- This is our main textbook used throughout the program.
- Pivot Point Salon Cosmetology Study Guide Workbook. ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5923-4
- This is an interactive study guide to assist students in their learning process.
- Embracing Change ISBN n/a
- Embracing Change is all about your students. Their future. Their plans. Their lives. Their careers. Students will learn how positive change can help them overcome fear, develop good business habits and use change to fuel their personal and business growth. Students will develop the traits of a leader to create their own future!
- The Complete Retail Experience ISBN n/a
- The Complete Retail Experience is all about the industry. Students will learn to master the complete retail experience, including all the secrets that the best salon & spa professionals already know. Pushy selling tactics are a thing of the past. Students will learn to prescribe, not sell, and will unlock the secret to make the complete retail experience work for them!
- Customer WOW ISBN n/a
- Customer WOW is all about working in the industry. Students will learn practical skills and real-world lessons to create deep client trust and loyalty. Practicing Customer WOW teaches students how to put their best foot forward at work every day, for every client, every time.
- Build Your Business ISBN n/a
- Build Your Business is all about how to succeed in the industry. Students are business people, and they need to learn how to manage the bottom line, increase their productivity and plan their career. Building a successful business in the salon & spa industry is all about knowing how to keep score, and Build Your Business shows students how the pros really do it.
- The Salon & Spa Professional ISBN n/a
The Salon & Spa Professional gets students prepared for the transition to their working world, so students can get busy earning money and building a successful career. Students will learn critical money management skills and the inside scoop on how to land the job they want…and succeed once they are there. We show students the building blocks of the perfect Portfolio and Resume so they can land that dream job today!
Class Start Dates 2014
February 3, 2014
April 15, 2014
June 26, 3014
September 10, 2014
November 5, 2014
School Basics and Consumer Disclosures
Cosmetology, Barber and Esthetician school is more than just doing hair, nails and skin care services. It’s about getting an education that will teach you what you need to know in order to fulfill your dreams of a successful career, and we know you have questions about costs, kits, placement rate, licensure, financial aid, median loan debt, and other details that will affect your education decision.
Getting an education will prepare you for a wide variety of jobs. The beauty industry offers many career paths. The following is not intended to provide a complete list of all of those career paths available. Rather, it is to assist you to identify the profession that the Bureau of Labor Statistics associates with the program of studies that we offer at Capilo Institute.
SOC Code: 39.5012.00 Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
CIP Code: 12.0401 Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
On-Time Completion Rates
Capilo Institute is accredited by NACCAS and uses its calculation for student placement based on each program offered. For our most recent annual reporting period, NACCAS records show our Cosmetology program has a placement rate of 82%.
On-time completion is defined by the U.S. Department of Education as anyone who graduates within the normal completion time. A student needs to complete all of their graduation requirements, including the required number of clock hours contracted for within their original contracted graduation date to be considered to have graduated on-time. If a student for any reason delays their original contract end date (such as family problems, day care issues, unplanned life events, or any other reason) they are not considered an on-time graduate. Please note that our graduation rates provided in the school catalog are based on how many students started the program and how many completed within the reporting period. A student must attend his or her scheduled hours with us at a high rate and take fewer leaves of absence to be considered an on-time graduate. The on-time graduation rate is 26%. Many students attend and complete the program at a somewhat lower rate, meaning many graduates are not counted in the On-Time Completion Rate.
Median Student Debt
Many of our students use financial aid to help pay for school. A part of that financial aid may be in the form of student loans, with the balance needing to be paid back after leaving school. We calculate the median debt of students graduating from the program. “Median debt” means that half of students graduate with less outstanding in student loans than the number provided here, and half graduate with more. For students graduating in the 2012-2013 award year (from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013), the median federal student debt was $2,804. The median private student loan debt was $0. The median institutional financing plan debt was also $0.
Supplies, Kit and Tuition Costs
- Tuition: $11,900.00
- Student Kit (non-refundable): $1200.00
- Textbooks (non-refundable): $595.00
- Application Fee (non-refundable): $100.00
- Drop Fee: $150.00
- Re-entry Fee: $150.00